Put a Smile on a Child’s Face this Holiday Season
In 2008, The Homeless Families Foundation started the Holiday Store to better meet the needs of the growing number of children we serve during the holiday season. This program allows parents, with the assistance of a staff member or volunteer, to select free gifts for their children ranging in age from newborn to 18 years old.
This season, our goal is to brighten the holidays for over 350 children in our community!
Want to Help?
Donate items or host a Holiday Drive! All we ask is that all donated gifts be new, unwrapped and delivered to us by December 9, 2019 (families begin shopping December 11) however we can accept gifts as early as Monday, December 2, 2019. This helps ensure that each child will receive gifts. If this is not possible, please contact Chad Gardner at email@example.com to arrange another date.
Drop off location and hours:
33 N. Grubb St, Columbus, Ohio 43215
Monday-Thursday 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am-2:00 pm
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Download the Wish List using the button in the right column.
Don’t have time to shop? No worries! We accept financial contributions, so our “elves” can do the shopping for you.
Want to Volunteer?
You can volunteer as a group or individual. Below are examples of assignments:
- Donation Runner — Help pick up donations and deliver them to the Holiday Store location.
- Set-Up — this includes sorting donations of toys and setting up new items.
- Organize and restock store — this includes sorting donations, pricing and setting out new items.
- Personal Shopper — assists the family with their shopping experience.
- Gift Wrapper —This includes packing and bagging the items for the families, and helping the families carry the items to their vehicles. (Requires some moderate lifting)